Based on the profound insight into Chinese laws, regulations and political and business culture, our team is committed to providing personalized legal services to the customers of small and medium-sized enterprises in the world, helping them to run smoothly in China, reducing the external coordination cost and commercial risks in their operation, and protecting and pursuing the interests in the commercial cooperation with Chinese businesses.
Trade with China
- Advising the latest trade policies, laws and regulations with respect of trading with China.
- Drafting and reviewing various international trade contracts and documents, particularly international sales contracts;
- Participating in business negotiations between clients and third parties, rendering legal suggestions;
- Solving the consumer complaints and product liability of imported products into China.
Foreign Direct Investment in China
- Providing due diligence reports to assist foreign investors in decision-making and negotiation;
- Advising the establishment procedures of representative offices, WFOE and joint ventures;
- Preparing the company’s documents for establishment and relevant negotiations, including joint venture contract, articles of association and license agreement, etc.;
- Assisting foreign investors to obtain the approval from Chinese government, and go through the approval and registration procedures;
- Providing professional translation services for Chinese and English legal documents;
- Advising on the business operation of foreign-invested enterprises, including foreign exchange, taxation, employment, purchase and sale, import and export, etc;
- Assisting in reorganization, dissolution and liquidation;
- Settlement of disputes arising from China’s territory.
Annual Corporate Legal Service in China
We provide annual legal retainer service. Our clients enjoy the privileged annual fee plan by our team, which offer comprehensive legal support, including but not limited to:
- Advising on the corporate governance, drafting bylaws and internal rules;
- Helping with general corporate changes in business scope, registered address, company’s name, shareholders etc.；
- Advising on employment and labor issues, drafting employee handbooks, reviewing labor contracts and labor arbitration and litigation;
- Drafting and reviewing all kinds of contracts and agreements in business operation;
- Compliance review and coordinating and mediating conflicts with corporate clients and government departments;
- Advising on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring, business alliances, asset and liability transfers, bankruptcy and liquidation in the Chinese market.
- Providing legal service on intellectual property, including the application, transfer and dispute resolution of patents, know-how, trademarks, etc.
- Conducting due diligence investigation on the potential business partner of clients;
- Providing legal training and lectures on Chinese laws for the management and employees of clients.
Arbitration and litigation in China
- We represent clients abroad in conducting arbitration and litigation in China, covering a variety of areas including international trade, foreign investment, Sino-foreign joint venture, construction, intellectual property, employment and entertainment.
Jenny Zhang and her team are trusted and experienced Chinese lawyers with international vision. They’ve got detailed understanding of the complexities of Chinese laws, regulations and customs.
Jenny legal team has provided professional legal service for foreign businesses and foreign individuals from tens of countries for more than ten years.